MetroStars To Participate In 2024 Macron Cup
MetroStars are excited to announce that we will be participating in the 2024 Macron Cup part of the Riverina Festival of Football to be held in Leeton, NSW.
The Riverina's picturesque town of Leeton is honoured to host the first Macron Cup on January 13th, 2024, where the community will have the rare opportunity to witness top-tier Australian football, echoing the rich Italian heritage that has shaped the sport in Australia.
With great excitement, Riverina Festival of Football also announce Macron as the major naming sponsor for this event, underscoring the importance and stature of this inaugural cup.
In a proud display of skill and competitive spirit, the event will feature:
● APIA Leichhardt FC, the current NSW NPL Champions and one of the newly announced National Second Tier clubs.
● Metro Stars, the South Australian NPL Premiers who impressed the nation in the Australia Cup Quarterfinals with a narrow 2-1 loss to A-League heavyweights Melbourne City.
● Yoogali SC, fresh off their victory as ACT NPL League 1 Champions and their subsequent promotion to the ACT’s premier division.
● Hanwood FC, the champions of Wagga Wagga, displaying the football prowess of regional New South Wales.
● Leeton United, our hosts and a dominant force in local football has won the Wagga Football championship twice in three years.
The Macron Cup is more than just a series of matches; it is a showcase of football's
unifying power, bringing together local fans to celebrate the game they love. This
event is a testament to football's enduring legacy in the Riverina and the
communities’ continued passion for the sport.
Riverina Festival of Football invite all to witness the excitement and passion that these teams will bring to the field, making the Macron Cup a must-see event.
Further details regarding the event's schedule, ticket availability, and additional
festivities will be released in due course.